Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Nostalgic Refreshments

No wonder 'memories' are the best stuff 'God' can give us. Before moving to the next phase of life, let me just pause everything for a few minutes and do a quick rewind.
Happiest moment defined will definitely include some part of material possessions. The child in me rather many of us is still very alive. I would see the world with my head up when i wear a new dress.

'Those were the best days in my life' When we used to ride bicycles to school. I was the proud owner of Bazooka cycle(a cycle with shock absorbers and hardly 3 ft from ground )I used to lock it with a chain for the rear wheel and some lock made of rubber for the front wheel :O

Growing taller than the cycle, I got one BSA SLR,slim and a bigger one. I happily drove that to my school, until the D-day when i dashed mine with my school mam's in a terrific cycle race. Though i lost my cycle, i became popular in my school. Teachers used to recognize me as the person who earned good injuries for his hindi teacher. How could i walk to school which is 2 kms from my home :P Yeah, i got one shining silver colored Hercules cycle. It lasted few years until it was replaced by my Dad's Kawasaki. To describe about the bike - It had no headlights, no speedometer and no brakes too. But u could hear it even if u r a kilometer far. The motorized cycle used to carry minimum of three riders (no quadruples yet :P)

Never will i forget Vivek's Topgear cycle,Sunny,scooty and Discover. All of Vivek's were equally ours :P (a few exempted on moral grounds)
Prakash - the man who purchased a license has a red Unicorn and claims to be the 'scorpicon with a unicorn' and finally Charan - He keeps walking and he loves that :P

My ‘mileage beast’ replaced the era of Kawasaki. This particular bike has many style and comfort aspects. Jotting them..
1)Comfort aspect -- You need not hire your friend to carry something for you every time as my mileage beast owns a superb plastic spacious box.
2)Style aspect -- Never wasted my money on remodeling coz 'mileage beast' is modeled to perfection
3)Safety aspect -- No fear for parents on rash driving as you have the ride control set to 40 km/hour .Dont dare to cross 40 in the speedo,you can't :P
4)Economy aspect -- Why need a helmet when such safety measures are observed
5)Trouble free -- Chuck off the problem of losing keys, duplicate keys, rusty locks,etc,reason being 'mileage beast' doesn't have a lock. But you'll have to master some tricks to ignite the beast.( ppl with knowledge of these tricks are requested not to leak them out )
6) The best aspect -- Last but not least 'mileage beast' does not need petrol, it can survive with the smell of petrol.
I'm the proud owner of the first-rate,fanatbulous,regal bike. :)
But in the recent past, owing to my absence in the city mileage beast is not properly nurtured and so my Dad's car superceded my mileage beast.

An idyllic transition witnessed by the same old streets of Nanaganallur !!


Cheers,
Akil

P.S: My mileage beast is not for sale,Plz don't drop in mails regarding the same :P

1 comment:

Arch said...

Havin found dat u luv ur "Mileage Beast" dis much...am suggestin u to take him to Bengaloooru :P :P